It has been said, "Patience is a
virtue" and "good things come to those who wait." Do you get
annoyed when things don't happen fast enough? Do you tap your foot impatiently
or keep looking at your watch when waiting on line?
You are not alone. I am the kind of
person who plans my mind. I like
to calculate how much time I'll spend
on the ATM, how fast I'll take my lunch and
how fast I'll get home. In fact people have told me that I speak fast and I
walk fast. I believe them! Literally almost everything I do I
like to do it fast and get onto something else. In my life, I don't plan
for eventualities or delay I have no time for them.
It just so seems life doesn't
always get this fact right. Because many
are the times I find myself in situations where I have
to wait or get delayed and this
disorients my plans, my mind. Things
don't always happen as I plan and that's life. The good book tells me that
'many are the plans of men but God has the final say' . Well, am not sure that's my favorite scripture 😊 ;and I don't want to delve
into a topic called 'waiting on God' its a loooong story!
Delays do happen in our lives and
sometimes they are what we call setbacks they tend to enslave us in a situation
or at a place. Someone told me that when life throws lemons to you make
lemonades out of them.
Here are some lessons I have learnt:
1. When you find yourself in a
situation that is a delay first of all accept you are in that situation. It
will be easy to deal with it from a point of acceptance but don't settle there!
2.Survey the situation at this time
you realize you are constrained at a certain position you maybe stuck in
traffic 😞 or have a puncture but
remember you got yourself there. Think some steps back find out if you could
have remedied the situation before it happened you will be wiser tomorrow.
3. If there's really nothing you can
do at that point just sit back, relax have some coffee,read a book, sing a song
enjoy the moment I have written part of this piece in traffic on Waiyaki Way because
sometimes the only thing you can do in life is wait, observe, listen, learn!!
No comments:
Post a Comment