Thursday, 5 November 2015

JUST DO IT!





We read in the bible that in the beginning God created the world  or the universe and everything in it. And how did he do it? He spoke a word that created it. He said, let there be light , and there was light! No sooner had that word left his mouth than there was light. The word in its very essence was light. The word had in it power to do,  to execute!

He did not just speak. He created. I want to therefore rightly say 'he was not speaking, he was creating'. Could that  therefore mean that until there is creation, until there is action, until there is application, until there is activity the word is not 'finished' ?
I came across a quote that said ' Thoughts are cheap,  execution is king!'

You will find that between thoughts and execution there lay two very important steps
but lets start with thoughts.

 It is good to think big,to dream and visualize and have good intentions in fact every visible thing started as a thought, a dream. Eleanor Roosevelt once said that the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Very true and practical! They have indeed created our world. Dreams and thoughts can be very fascinating and its easy to just live a fascinated life with wishes that never materialize. You can't plow a field simply by turning it over in your mind. Here's my clarion call, don't  dream your life,  live your dream!

Then there is talk talk talk! Ooh how we love to talk. Now, I always love it on election times when politicians all of a sudden find the need to visit people market to market, home to home with untold promises and motivated talks of how they will make the lives of the citizens better. Okay once in a while they get elected. But I remember one politician who after being elected and now five years almost over the only thing he had  done was build 2 cattle dips, am serious while the roads were in tatters and every other important thing in shambles. To add insult to injury he was running again with the same ill promises. Who tells you he was elected again?

  Now, usually am not the complaining type it's just that I came across a saying that goes 'I wonder why people say they can't complain  maybe they ain't trying harder' soo am just trying. But before I cast the fifth stone to our politician, wisdom compels me to take a  long good look in my own life. Could there be a politician in me?  So far in my life many are the things I have spoken with such zeal and gusto but I never pursued them they are but empty words. I read a question somewhere that slapped me into reality that when all is said and done, will you have said more than you have done? Okay am still recovering.
 
Then there are plans. Lets even imagine that after asking myself the question above I actually took a step forward and put my dream not just on the mouth but on paper. Lets even say I have my dream  well written down on a piece of paper, well structured step by step, a good business plan. So what it's just a plan! Its just a plan because it's not done. Now you need to remind me the last time  plans were ever rewarded because I don't remember. Life is what happens to you when you are busy making plans to live. It's good to plan but what will get you there is initiative, action!

Action speaks louder than words! It's true!
We may not very much want to know what you think or you to use many words to tell or show many solid plans, but a single act only one deed will tell us everything you didn't say!  The good book tells us that by their acts you shall know them.  That's the power of an action. For two years now I've been struggling to lose weight a doctor told me that I should lose atleast 8kgs to be fit and I can tell you right now I have 3 fitness apps on my phone, subscribed to 2 diet programs  and am still here struggling why? Getting it done aih weh ni ngumu! I need  torrents of grace 😃😃!  I came across an  interesting quote that said while others were dreaming, I was busy getting it done. There is nothing that sets a man's dignity so high than the discipline of getting things done. One single decisive act is the only difference between where you are and where you want to be.  Pepe  Minambo one of the leading motivational speakers in this country once said...in life lots of people know what to do but few people actually do what they know. Here's an action plan , just do it! Thoughts are cheap,talk is cheap,plans are cheap but execution is king!

No comments:

Post a Comment