As a little girl and even as I was
growing up I always enjoyed visiting my
grandmother who lives about 4 hours from our home. Save for meeting her and
meeting my uncles and cousins, theres one other major reason i used to love
going there.
Her shamba which was quite big used
to be surrounded by one of the biggest rivers in Kirinyaga County, Thiba
River. I looooved going to the river and
looked for every opportunity to fetch water just to get my legs in water. But
other than swimming my cousins and I had this other hobby , watching ducks
swim!
I didn't know who these ducks
belonged to all I know is that they spent a good time swimming and enjoying in
water. I used to admire how they literally sat on water looking so cool,calm
and in control,as if they had no problem in the world oh and I loved their
black and white suits; thinking back in
our lives.
Today is Monday everyone is in their
white and black suits looking all good,lively and hopeful for new week. Its
easy to look at someone and admire their appearance and think they are doing
well in life. It's ok give a compliment to somebody😊!
But someone told me that many times
we only know what we see which is where many times we make mistakes. He told me
though a duck looks very peaceful like its enjoying life and as if its in
control of the water what happens
underneath water is what keeps it in this admirable position. Inside the water
is tireless steering and paddling for it to stay afloat and on top. This is
what we dont know just by looking at it or just by looking at people. Because
underneath the smile,the laughter, the suits underneath what you see everyone
is fighting some battle in life, some don't know what to do,some are in pain ,
some are crying , some are trying to beat deadlines, some have just lost a
loved one name it! This is what I have learnt in life:
1. Endevour to be of help to someone
first even when it looks like its them who can help you. This is an act of
kindness and it makes someone feel thought of and special it also raises your
profile to them.
2. Yea give that compliment. It
raises self-esteem and makes people like and be at ease with you!
3. Share a sweet or a banana. No
matter how small what you have is share it. It puts a smile on someones face.
One kind word to someone today will
save a life and no matter what you are going through you will live a happy
life! Have a very happy day

Wow that got me thinking dint ever think of it that way. Write gal you surely can
ReplyDelete