Thursday, 3 September 2015

Perhaps you need some change!


Ever met with an old  jumpy, screamy classmate especially from your high school days in the streets,  and wished for the earth to  swallow you probably save you from the agony? Whuuuh! Long sentence! But yea I have.  It was the longest  evening I ever had.

So me av left jobo vizuri am walking in the streets without a  problem with anyone except I get disturbed by a commotion on Taifa Road somebody decided to park his car without reading city council's commandments and is being towed away so me am like 'mmmhhh guy you gotta problem' apart from that am all good  humming into one of my favorite hymns .....tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.... lifes actually good until someone decides screaming my name in town is better than not screaming. So me I look up 'Sarah Munyiiiiii' she goes, that's the second time by the way. Eh maze unakaa firi  unadunga works nini!!! Kubanjukaaaa. At this point agony started raining hard on me. First of all that kind of sheng for a chicka aih I refuse it in my life. Secondly, Kubanjukaa? Really? Okay I loved dancing 💃in high school I still do but I call it salsa,tango yea like that. So anyways am also happy to meet her after 11years since leaving high school. So how've you been, what do you do now,I ask. She goes like, Eh maze niko poa ma-jamse' okay that's like saying jam session I don't know tribeka, there's anaa hot joint for clubbing at Thika Road. At this point I  black out like totally. I've never seen the inside of a club in town I know about churches. Then she notices am not excited she's like acha kuboeka she's actually giving me a plan for the evening.

Am thinking how do people live like that, okay in high school we were all jumpy and careless but mostly that was to belong to a 'strata' not who we really were I  moved on I left that person in high school. I got serious in life am more responsible, am more careful, I don't just live for the moment I think ahead, I plan ahead. I have learnt that choices have consequences and that I have to live with the decisions I make. I moved on to maturity I CHANGED or I GREW UP!

There are things I wish I did differently 11years ago in high school I would be very far in life socially,financially,emotionally name it. I found a very interesting quote by C.S. Lewis that stopped me...Isn't it funny how day by day nothing  changes but when you look back, everything is different'? To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

 This is the reality check. If you want to have something you've never had you have to do something you've never done. You have to CHANGE your way of doing things. You have to change your day's program if you want to remember what you do Today 11 years from now. And if you don't, you will probably look back 11 years ago and find out that everything is different and you can only wish like me that you had done things differently. Take charge now!

Decisions are being made right now. The question is:Are you making them for yourself or are you letting others make them for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment