There is something that has been nagging my mind
lately and the other day on my way home I gave it a good thought. In a
demanding world where everything and everyone needs something from you,
it is very easy to be preyed on and victimized by everyone and
everything. We all have responsibilities in our difference fields and
capacities which require our attention, love and dedication even our
very lives for them to be there. When God created man he gave him the
authority to rule over the creation; he gave a responsibility to man. So
man and responsibility are inseparable. That is not my point though. I
want to strike a balance between when to give something and when not
to.
I passed through Ngara market the other day on my way to town and as I arrived town I thought I just had the longest day in my life. Everyone wanting my attention, calling me sweet names just to get me to their shops and sell me everything, anything. Some even dragging me to their sheds just for me to see what they have even when I have made it clear that I am not interested. Literally, everyone there wants something from me. That is just a market scenario and a very small percentage of all that need something from me. There are many other things demanding my attention, my time etcetera.
How can this demand be satisfied? As far as I am concerned I am the demand holla to Mr. Kabeu, my class six business studies teacher who made us chant a psalm called Suppy and Demand every time he entered the class. As a good business student I remember the psalm very well. When the demand is high, the supply is low and vice-versa. Business wise speaking we could say that but that’s bone for another day. It just so seems life doesn’t know how demand and supply plays out. So I decided to teach life how this works.
All needs cannot be satisfied at the same time and here is a little help from a sister who has learnt to balance this the hard way.
1. Learn to prioritize
At some point in life, you will surely use almost every item that is on the market. A phone is important, but so is a blanket and a tomato. If you cannot sleep well because you have not eaten, then get the tomato first the blanket can follow.
2. Avoid referrals
Referrals are good but you are not good you are the best and your choice is the best. Don’t allow someone to drag you to their stores to sell you anything. You know exactly what you want go right up to the item you need in life and get it. How something works for me may not be how it will work for you so make original choices, that’s how innovators are born!
3. Learn to say no
This is a very healthy way of addressing a need or someone wanting something from you. It also makes you be respected.
4. Give out on purpose
Learn to give on purpose and let the purpose be love. When you give out or buy something out of love, the satisfaction is two-fold.
I passed through Ngara market the other day on my way to town and as I arrived town I thought I just had the longest day in my life. Everyone wanting my attention, calling me sweet names just to get me to their shops and sell me everything, anything. Some even dragging me to their sheds just for me to see what they have even when I have made it clear that I am not interested. Literally, everyone there wants something from me. That is just a market scenario and a very small percentage of all that need something from me. There are many other things demanding my attention, my time etcetera.
How can this demand be satisfied? As far as I am concerned I am the demand holla to Mr. Kabeu, my class six business studies teacher who made us chant a psalm called Suppy and Demand every time he entered the class. As a good business student I remember the psalm very well. When the demand is high, the supply is low and vice-versa. Business wise speaking we could say that but that’s bone for another day. It just so seems life doesn’t know how demand and supply plays out. So I decided to teach life how this works.
All needs cannot be satisfied at the same time and here is a little help from a sister who has learnt to balance this the hard way.
1. Learn to prioritize
At some point in life, you will surely use almost every item that is on the market. A phone is important, but so is a blanket and a tomato. If you cannot sleep well because you have not eaten, then get the tomato first the blanket can follow.
2. Avoid referrals
Referrals are good but you are not good you are the best and your choice is the best. Don’t allow someone to drag you to their stores to sell you anything. You know exactly what you want go right up to the item you need in life and get it. How something works for me may not be how it will work for you so make original choices, that’s how innovators are born!
3. Learn to say no
This is a very healthy way of addressing a need or someone wanting something from you. It also makes you be respected.
4. Give out on purpose
Learn to give on purpose and let the purpose be love. When you give out or buy something out of love, the satisfaction is two-fold.
No comments:
Post a Comment